Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can a spider bite on the head cause hair loss?

I have a large bald spot on the back of my head right above my neck. The doc said it was not connected with my pregnancy (I had a baby 7 months ago).. It itches often and there seem to be some bumps in it. If I got a bite of some sort, could it cause hair loss?
Answer:
Hi There,

I am not a doctor, but I do know a lot about hair loss and don't think a spider bite can cause permanent hair loss. I do, however, know that the stress of giving birth typically causes woman to temporarily lose a respectable amount of hair. If I were you I would consult another physician immediately because it could be a form of Alopecia or other skin disease causing your hair loss.

I unfortunately lost my hair a long time ago, but that's to be expected since I am a male. To correct it I had a hair restoration back in July and couldn't happier with the results. Myself and another guy (Torrance) blog about our hair restorations at BattleAgainstBald.com. In addition, the blog also provides a wealth of information on hair loss and all the other methods used to correct it.

Check out the blog, as I'm sure it will answer all of your questions.

Best,
Seth
My first guess would be tinea capitis (i.e., ringworm: the same fungus that causes athletes foot if on your feet can cause hairloss if on your scalp). Worth exploring.

Check the following website to see if this describes your lesion:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ringworm_...
ummm...i really dont think so. it's genetics, stress, diet, etc. definitely not spiders

1 comment:

  1. My friend's son was recently bitten by a spider on his had and has a bald patch where the bite was which is growing rapidly. He has raised monocytes and the doctors think alopecia. So maybe a bite can cause alopecia.

    ReplyDelete

 

tell me pleaz Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net