Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bunions - the bones on the sides of my big toes are sore and starting to stick out why and how r they cured?


Answer:
Commonly caused by prolonged wearing of very high heels! Unfortunately, only surgery can remove them.
They can only be cured by an operation.
you can get them chiseled down under anaesthetic, but its supposed to be very painful
There is no cure. You would have to get surgery to fix them and I've heard it's very painful and you'll literally be off of your feet for about 2 months.
Yep, surgery! Trust me!! It's painful and only going to get worse!! Get the surgery while you are at a young age b/c it's harder to recover when you are older!! Go to a podiatrist. I just went last friday- no joke. Plus the longer you wait when they do finally realign your big toe the other little toes will be pushed to the side from your big toe and it will look weird.
watch the kind of shoes you wear. Don't buy shoes that have pointed toes etc. Your toes should be natural in your shoes and not squished up. You can't cure a bunion. They are only cured by surgery
Operation, and I've heard the op is painful for weeks after.
surgery and a few weeks of recuperation.
Bunions are usually caused by tight or pointed footwear, but also appear to have an element of heredity - look at your mum or dad or gran's feet, and you'll usually see where you got the tendancy for them from!
You can slow the progression of the deformity by wearing corrective orthotics in your shoes, and there are splints to wear at night that help align your big toes properly. You can also guard against pain by keeping the 'bunion' joint mobilised - a good podiatrist will show you how.
Surgery is usually performed for pain, rather than visual appearance. The surgery has a bit of a disappointing outcome sometimes - especially if you're just looking for a chance to get back into tight shoes! You need to be realistic about what you hope to gain from the surgery - it's often enough to just change your style of footwear.
Good luck!
I had the same problem years ago and they did surgery with me. Maybe today there is a different option it was painful and I was in a cast for six weeks. I never had a problem again but talk to your doctor if maybe laser will work.
If the distortion is significant surgery is probably the only option. I certainly don't see as many of these as I used to years ago. I assume we must wear better shoes?
yeah my cousin had that, ask the doctor for an operation on severe bumble foot

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

tell me pleaz Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net