Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brown streak under my fingernail. Please Help me with some answers?

I have this brown streak that almost covers half of my right thumb's fingernail. The Dermatologist told me it wasn't cancer and it's nothing I should be worry about because that brown streak can be cause by a lot of things. I am not sure if I had it since I was a little girl but I know for a fact I've had for many many years now. When my nails grow, it grows with it. What can be the cause of this brown streak if the dermatologist told me it's not cancer. Please I really need some answers.
Answer:
could just be pigment in the skin under the nail and it is showing through - like a birthmark.look on the bright side you can always paint your nails to cover it if it bothers you that bad
maybe you were picking your butt and dug out a little fudge from the factory...
A BIRTH MARK!! idk ask a doctor
Did you tear the toilet paper when wiping your poop?
maybe its like a birthmark sort of thing
Look, better under your fingernail than in your underwear. Don't stress if the doctor says its fine. Otherwise you are being a hypo.
It's probably just the pigment, nothing to worry about.
thats...I really don't know.
ask your doctor to try and find out wat it is...
I think it could posibably be driend blood from a very deep cut.Don't worry it should go away soon.As your finger nail grows it will disaper.You'll be ok if it comes back after it goes away u should see the doctor again.But it shpuld all be fine I promise.
HERE WE GO AGAIN. ok, listen, you have a nasty little virus. it's worse than the Avian Flu and AIDS.combined. I'M A DERMOTOLOGIST. WE HAVE GOT STOP THIS. YOU CAN SPREAD IT BY SHAKING ANOTHER PERSON'S HAND. DON'T SPREAD IT! THIS COULD KILL MILLIONS. BILLIONS EVEN. STAY IN YOUR HOUSE. DO NOT COME INTO CONTACT WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC...THERE IS A POSSIBILITY YOU COULD DIE BECAUSE OF THIS. IM SO SORRY. IT'S CALLED FERMA DEMUCUTIS IT MAY KILL YOU IN A MERE MATTER OF DAYS. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE WITH THIS. Y-YOU MAY BE THE CURE, VISIT ME DR. SARKONIAN AT THE OKLAHOMA VALLEY RANCH LABS FOR FURTHER TESTING. YOU COULD SAVE A LIFE. ALSO YOU CAN REACH ME AT: BONERJAMZ_10@YAHOO.COM. GOD BLESS YOU.
Sometimes these streaks are fungus and can be treated with Rx drugs. Ask your doctor if that is a possibility. I have also heard of marks in the fingernails from vitamin deficiencies. Good luck on finding the cause.
Since it has been there for many years, I doubt it's a bruise or blood blister under the nail, as those would grow out with the nail. (I'm in construction and hit my fingers with my hammer once in a while. leaves a mark, but it always grows out within a month or two.)

I am not a doctor (or a dermatologist) but I would hazard a guess that your mysterious streak is a concentration of melanin in your skin in that location. (a mole or freckle in the nailbed.)

If your dermatologist told you "it's nothing.. don't worry about it" but can't tell you anything that it MIGHT be.. you might want a second opinion. (from another medical professional, of course- not the yahooligans on ByeDr.com :-)
It's probably nothing, it could be some kind of scar tissue from a wound... I dropped a glass bowl on my big toe when i was eight and it cracked the nail right down the middle. Ever since it has grown with a ridge in the middle of my toe nail. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you're not alone. I've a browk vertical line on a fingernail as well, I've had it since birth. Its width was about 25% of my nail when i was younger but it got thinner and lighter. It's barely noticeable now that I'm 29. I don't know anyone with a birthmark like mine which makes me feel unique. Hope yours will fade and get thinner as well. How young are you?

    ReplyDelete

 

tell me pleaz Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net